Sunday, January 31, 2016

Why not multi-linewidth pen?

31st day of 2016.

To the brilliant minds that created the multicolor pens (the pen that has different colors, interchangeable with click on the top of the pen),

I still remember the first time I saw the smartly merged pen with different colors. Albeit the pen is a bit 'plump' but it is rather convenient to bring around in just one piece instead of 4 different pens.

After this many years, I looked at one of the piles of pens, which are all black but with different line weight, I wondered why is there no invention about merging different line weight together in one pen?

Talking about different line weight, it tends to be technical pen or gel pens. Is it because only ball point pen is easier to merge together? No line width for ball point pen? Technicalities of the technical pen making it impossible to merge it all in one?

Greatly appreciate if anyone can clear my doubts.
Sincerely.