Thursday, January 28, 2016

Gynealogy Record

28th day of 2016.

Tonight went to a family dinner where my relatives wanted to create an association for people from the same roots. The topic itself did sparked my interest and immediately feel that it could be use in my worldbuilding.

Unfortunately, they were speaking in a dialect which I am not well verse in. Regardless, I did looked at the sample Genealogy Book of Record for my father side ancestry. Even from ancient time, Chinese culture, especially the more established ones always kept a physical book of records of all family members. Noting down the date of birth, marriage and death, names both name and words. Imagine that book had been updating for thousand of years, that would be quite a collection!

The book I browse through immediately made my head spun faintly. History is never my strong subject, and all the family trees of so many generations certainly did not help. Moreover, it was right after a long busy day in office.

Components in Genealogy Book
1. History
2. Motto
3. Names
4. Dates
5. Off springs
6. ...