Friday, January 22, 2016

Sakura Gelly Roll Pens Test

22nd day of 2016.

After tempering around the Gelly Roll pens I bought last 2 weeks, I compiled a test sheet for the 3 pens.
First off, the Gelly Roll Classic 08 white pen. I believe is the first line of the gel pens, quite basic and quite effective. As written on the black paper above, it is more suitable for lengthy writing. Compare to the following two other types, this Classic White is actually easier to use.

This is the white from Glaze line. As tested on black paper, Glaze pens dry slow. I had accidentally smudge it before it dries. Luckily I did the blunder during testing instead of a proper art. This Glaze I purchase had a very rich flow, compare to Souffle below, though I suspect Souffle should flow as smooth as Glaze too.

Lastly, I have the white from Souffle line. Comparing the speed of ink build up between Souffle and Glaze, Souffle seemed to release less ink. I expect the 'opaque' ink to be whiter than Glaze, since glaze also carries the meaning of 'transparent'.

Let's see if the performance would change in the long run.