Tuesday, February 2, 2016

World Building - Climatology 1

33rd day of 2016.

I had been building a world for my NaNo story. For this particular world which I named Wheistadeur, I design with a purpose. To house my character and provide setting for the plot. In one particular environment I would love to create, is to have 4 seasons occur all over the planet.

Although it is a fantasy fiction, but I would still like to adhere to certain science so that I have a solid base to fall upon when tweaking the minor details. One of the best way to design is actually to research, reference and observe.
As you all may well aware, because of the Earth's tilt, various season or climate occur. As great as Sun's gravity, the Earth still keep the same tilt direction no matter which spot it is at. That is how Earth's season works. But it doesn't suit my intention to have 4 seasons occur all OVER the planet, and at the same range of time.

Thus, I would have to tweak things to suit my goal.