Monday, February 15, 2016

琉璃璧 - Glazed Circular Jade

46th day of 2016. 8th day of Chinese New Year.

I do write in Chinese, my favourite settings is ancient Chinese times. I like certain characteristics from certain dynasties, it is so full of inspirations and ideas. I have one character, where her name is Circular Jade, and her courtesy name is Glazed or a name of a certain precious stone that I can't find the English equivalent name. Oh, Chinese's naming system is also quite complex and intricate, one of these days I may compile a simple conclusion on ancient Chinese naming style.

So, when she was born and given the name, she had been carrying a circular golden piece carved with her surname. When she was 15, the adult age for girls, she received her courtesy name and obtained this Circular Glazed Jade, just like her name.


I planned to do a proper color pencil art on this trinket on a toned paper. It must be interesting to see how it sparkles with the white pens.