Saturday, February 27, 2016

Col Erase Exploration 3

58th day of 2016.
Okay, I have finished the Col Erase box. This time, I used a much smoother normal cartridge paper compare to the one I did the swatch test, and still the erasability is not up to my expectation and even worst when it is all colored in solid color. I figured that in order to use this Col Erase to its full potential, it is better to be a sketch pencil using very very light pressure.

So now, let's go through the things that I learn NOT to do in colored pencils, regardless of brands.


1. Direction of colouring is important. Depending on the object, angle, texture etc, use the appropriate one for the best coverage.
- The awfulness of this happened around the word 'Col Erase'.

2. Clean eraser before 'lifting' colors. I figure I would still use eraser for the non-erasable colored pencil, since it is a rather easy way to lighten up an area. Make sure the eraser is clean off from the previous rub before using it in another area, it would most probably transfer the color and mess it up.

3. Use light pressure and layer it up. There is some instance where I misplace my confidence and put down the colour in heavier strokes, then come to realize that I made a mistake. First, lighter color would be easier to lift off and second, it will not leave any indent to mess up the new 'correct' layer.

I am a newbie in colored pencils, the times that I use color pencil for study mind maps do not count. I have cheap brands, thinking of just use them up before going for the more artist brands.