Wednesday, March 9, 2016

StarShadow - Sketch 03

69th day of 2016.

I am overworked. So I think I have messed up this time. lol. I started to really sink in the fact that this is indeed the first time I tried colouring on dark paper. It REALLY is different than colouring on white paper. Sketching with white pen is fine, but somehow the colouring part is very different. That, or the colour pencils are too transparent.
First of all, I am used to start colouring by filling in the most medium colour, then shade the dark shadows finally highlights. But since I am now colouring on dark paper, it just feel different. Maybe because the darker colour pencils do not show up as well as the lighter pencils.

Now what happened was that I 'overshoot' the lighter colour into shadow portions. I may be able to layer it with darker colours again, but a bit worried that the texture is not enough to hold up. Hopefully it will work out well. x.x