Saturday, March 26, 2016

Art Supplies Sale

86th day of 2016.

I know I had said something about not shopping for a looooong time, but this is different. Very special occasion.

Despite having such hectic working days lately, I managed to force myself to wake up early this morning to visit an art shop, which is having a closing down sale. I had heard of the art shop before, but since it is not a convenient spot for me to go, I had never been there. This would be my first time in the shop and very possibly the last time.

To be honest, I don't have any emotional attachment to it, I am merely interested with the sale part. The news about the closing down sale had been going on since beginning of March, I already expected that I am already late in joining the sale. It is quite empty already, with very limited items on the racks.


I managed to grab some Canson brand paper, finally some cheaper dip pen holder, very useful ruler and fan scale as a back up. There is a box marked FREE items, I greedily took 3 empty Faber Castell boxes for my future tools.

During my approximately 3 hours of exploring the small shop, I stumbled across some amusing findings. I found a few sets of dental tools, old cashier machine and the smallest light 'table' ever! Around A6 size or a standard 4R photo size. 

The closing down of the art shop was actually published in the newspaper, the shop had been around half a century. It is very sad when reading the part about how the convenient digital tools had been invading the intricate handmade art. Time has in deed changed.