Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wheistadeur - Imperial Infinem 02

224th day of 2016.

Barracks, is where the guards would operate, living and working in it. It is a pretty discipline job and function, making the whole design of that particular zone so much easier to approach.

When the layout became easy, now I have to consider and determine whether the scale of the building enough to house however many guards to protect the palace AND the whole palace compound. If I use the barracks as a base point to start in terms of scale, then I would have to adjust the size of the palace accordingly. The way of things works in most palace castle is that, the biggest building should be the palace. 


I am thinking of inserting turrets and walkway on the castle wall, so the guards could actually patrol on the fence wall. I fancy thinner walls, but in terms of practicality, I may need a wall wide enough to fit 2 people with weapons walking side by side. Oh well, that is a detail that could be left for later.