Sunday, July 31, 2016

Derwent Metallic Test 1

213th day of 2016.

I finally tested the Derwent Metallic, testing them on a black paper. The result is very mix, upon testing them, it is the first time I feel that I understand what hard and soft means in terms of pencil.

The Silver 80 and Pewter 81 are the most soft, it lays smooth and thick, can almost feel the buttery feel as it glides on paper. However, as it advances into Gold 82, Antique Gold 83 and Bronze 84, they feels a bit harder, nevertheless it still lays fine. The worst is Copper 85, the core itself is bad. It is very patchy, sometimes it hits a smooth spot and then it just turns hard without any color at all. Terrible.
Lastly, since it claimed to be water soluble, I use a waterbrush and wet the right side of the shading. I am not that impressed. I am not sure whether I have put too much water, but I think I am going to test it on a white paper and see how it fares on white.