Monday, June 13, 2016

Music - March 05

165th day of 2016.

Time signature, oh my.
While I am arranging the structure of the music, I came to realise the notes' beats are a bit off. After playing for a dozen times, and patting the beats on table until the palm turn red, I discovered that... my Verse and Chorus segment seemed to have different Time signature.

*slaps forehead* Honestly, after so many years, this is the first time I realize how Time signature plays a part. When I learn music years ago, I could hardly differentiate 2/4 or 4/4, and yes, I always get a big red cross for adding a fraction line between them, lol.

Refuse to separate my Verse and Chorus in two different beats, I try to figure out is there other way to calibrate their beats together. :/  Above is my attempt of changing the Verse from 3/4 to 4/4. The noticeable part is there less slur. My slurs are all over the place. :/