Monday, April 18, 2016

Skin Tone 01

109th day of 2016.

As I was surfing casually yesterday, I stumbled upon 'skin colour'. So far I had never used watercolor or any other traditional medium to mix a skin colour. That was one of the main reason why I was doing more on Digital medium, I just color pick it.

I am bias and only interested in fair skin, as it seemed to be the hardest to mix as well. Theoretically, most skin tones are warm. Yellow, Orange, Red, Pink, Peach, Beige, well, even dark skin, their hue are more on the warm side.

I know how to mix skin tone by using white, but watercolor preferably not to use white. Upon searching on how to mix skin tones, I had tried diluting the color with water and it seemed to work well. It was so simple to the point I am ashamed for getting it slow.