Thursday, April 7, 2016

Font Finder from Raster

98th day of 2016.

At work today, well, actually yesterday, I was delegated a task to find some fonts. Because it is a logo of another company, we only have the raster image file. Due to some reasons, we would love to find the font type of the brand name. If unable to find the font type, we would have to tediously trace the font line by line.

At first, being able to identify the font type family, I browse through the free font download websites. After going through more than twenty pages, I feel that is rather inefficient. Staring at the noisy raster image, I was thinking... "If only there is a programme that can idendify font from raster image..."

This sparks an inspiration in my head, and I insert "find font with image" in Google. Had been typing too much ahead already, the rest is history.

What The Font - My Fonts
What Font Is

I am glad to be able to explore this particularly fresh angle of looking at things. Very eye opening.