Monday, January 23, 2017

Reflective Essay

23rd day of 2017.

What a sudden curve ball thrown at me, university required me to re-work my personal statement. This time with better direction and specifics to understand what they are looking for. Problem is that they want it in 24 hours time.

I guess compiling more detail information to convey my essay kinda counts as art, not so sure whether it is therapeutic enough. -_-;;

There are a few angles I would like to approach and research on.


Space Efficiency - I found interesting buildings and ideas that convert awkward space into useful spaces, to the extreme. The building that particularly picked my interest is the 'narrowest building'. In a much smaller scale, Japanese are quite creative in utilizing space.

Architecture Identity - Living in a huge melt pot of different various culture, race and religion community, it is difficult to merge all of them together to create a national identity that way. A core unifying element had to be found to streamline everything together.