Sunday, October 16, 2016

Testing out Ceramic Stucco and Light Modeling Paste

290th day of 2016.

Playing around with the 2 acrylic mediums I bought. Ceramic Stucco is a sandy texture, dries very hard in a relatively nice wait of 2 to 4 hours. Light Modeling Paste takes many times as long, after around 6 hours, the 'peaks' of the paste is still rather pliable, will have to check its solidness after a day and so on.
I made a hilarious mistake to use a brush to apply these thick mediums. Now that particular brush is clogged with the Ceramic Stucco. lol. I have to dig out the palette knife to apply them, the correct tool to use.


I tried tinting it before applying on surface and colour on later. It is not so obvious for Ceramic Stucco, that being said, I still can see the difference with tint before and paint after. It just shows. On rough surface like Ceramic stucco, the paint leaves the tiny tiny holes unpainted, very obvious, unless the paint I use is a fluid one. And even if it is a fluid one, it should also NOT puddle up and 'smoothen' the rough texture, there is where the difference comes from.

I used a cheap acrylic brush to apply the paint on the smooth Light Modeling Paste and because it is so smooth it shows the brush strokes. Since I am imagining a even shade when I am testing, I preferred to tint the mediums before applying.